Laser Use in Aesthetic Dentistry
The main reason for the use of laser in the area of oral surgery and dentistry is the possibility to operate without damaging teeth and gum tissue. The use of lasers facilitates many dentistry treatments ( cavities, gum reconstruction ) creating comfort for patients at the same time.
What is Diode Laser?
Diode lasers are semiconductor lasers that are solid in their active state. Not absorbed by dental tissues, safely used on enamel, dentin and cement
1. Gummy Smile: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of gummy smile.
2. Cold Sores: Laser treatments can be used for instant pay reducing procedures in the treatment and minimizing the healing time of cold sores.
3. Gum Aesthetics: Lasers can erase the dark colors over gums. A gum peeling treatment of 2-3 procedures is an effective solution to the problem. It is a common problem among brunet patients. This is a treatment suitable for patients whose gum tissue shows a lot when smiling.
4. Lasers facilitates the removal of cavities closer to the surface of gums.
5.Thanks to laser applications, the sensitivity after composite fillers is reduced. Disinfection of the area is another advantage of laser use, preventing future cavities in the area. It also strengthens the dental enamel.
6. Teeth whitening procedures are mostly based on laser treatments.
7. Lasers facilitate implants treatments.
Benefits of Laser Use in Aesthetic Dentistry
- Operations performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require stitches.
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
In summary, Aesthetic Dentistry is a dental skill that collects treatments such as bonding, teeth whitening, laminated teeth, zirconium teeth, implants, pink aesthetics (gingival aesthetics), orthodontics and prosthetic teeth and ultimately creates an aesthetic smile design.