The loss of the front upper central incisors as an important part of the facial aesthetics may cause serious psychological and social problems as well as difficulty of proper speaking. Can the other hand, the loss of back teeth may cause malnutrition, digestive problems and may be the cause of teeth shifting. The place of the extracted teeth must be absolutely replaced by implant treatment in order to prevent any complications.
For the implementation of bridges, the size of adjacent teeth must be cut and regulated. Nowadays, in order to prevent cutting healthy teeth, implementation of titanium made teeth roots into the jawbone at the place of the missing tooth is an appropriate method of treatment.
Main Advantages of Implants
- Protection of adjacent teeth from cutting
- Preventing the jawbone from misshaping due to the missing tooth
- Easier dental protection in comparison with bridge applications The advantage to make every each porcelain tooth unique as the natural ones, which makes the regulation of dental hygiene higher İncrease the retention of mandibular lower jaw.
What Determinates the Decision of an Implant Treatment?
- The general medical condition of the patient
- Patient’s age
- The gap created from the missing tooth
- Jawbone’s volume adequacy
- Jawbone’s density
- Oral hygiene
Nowadays dental implant applications come together with attentive preliminary assays, precise application techniques, sterilization and post- care treatment making it the easiest way to get a proper treatment.
Preparation and İmplementation Process
- Patent’s medical history and general health condition. Patients are asked to share detailed information about important present diseases. General health condition is deduces from the patient’s medical history, whether he/she has previous important diseases. In case of an ongoing treatment,implementation is delayed until the end of the treatment.
- İntra-oral and radiographic examination. The general condition of the jawbone, eventual presence of gum diseases and teeth examination is required. The closure of jaws is examined. If required panoramic x-ray and tomographic examinations are seen as a must.
- Preparation of temporary implants. İn order to close the lack of teeth until the day of the application of permanent teeth, temporary fixed or half-released implants are constructed.
- Clinical application. İmplant area is been anesthetized with local anesthetic followed by the implementation to tooth inside the jawbone.
- Post- care treatment. First week is an important period for healing. Oral hygiene is ensured by a special dental solution prescribed by the dentist. Taking antibiotics as prescribed is rather important as well. İce cold cubes should be applied over the area from the outside of the mouth during the first 48 hours. Food requiring a long chewing as well as hot beverages and nutrition must be avoided.
- Application of permanent implants takes approximately 2 to 4 months’ time before implant are made and integrated as porcelain laminates.